Tuesday 3 December 2013

Christmas Is Coming - Music

I always struggle to find just the right presents for people. I like to get them things that I hope they'll like, but that they won't suspect they'll be getting - a nice surprise. It doesn't always work out that way, but I try.

I do like to give music as a present. Music is a timeless present, something that people can keep for years and as time passes they grow closer to it and gain more meaning from. Here are 5 suggested albums from this year that I think would make great presents:



Gracefully by Eric Himan
Red Hot Tears was the leading single for the album and was the song of my summer.


You can hear samples of Eric's music and find out more about Gracefully at Eric's website


The Mystery of You by Spencer Day
Once you hear this man's voice you'll be in love with him, forever. He's also quite a hottie, which always helps.
The Mystery of You the single has a lovely video too. Here is the song:


You can find out more about Spencer and his music at his website 


Drown Before You Swim by Matt Gold
I'd never heard of Matt before this year but he has quickly become one of my favourites.
You can watch a few of his videos here  and if you only have time to watch one of them, then try Ordinary.


Steven Taetz's self titled debut album
This is a short album but each song will grow on you to become indispensable listening.
Find out more here


In Your Care by Bright Light. Bright Light
An EP rather than a full album (for the full album experience you should definitely try out Make Me Believe In Hope).  This is a handful of wonderfully crafted pop music that always makes me love it anew.
The title track is previewed here

And you can find out more about him here



It's no coincidence that all the artists above are out gay men. I strongly support the LGBT community supporting artists from the community and promoting each other. If you can then buy the albums from all five artists and support their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment