Friday 1 May 2015

Nano Snippet


April was a NaNo month and I managed to do about 30,000 words. This is pretty good for me to do in a month. So to celebrate the end of it all I thought I'd share some of the words that I wrote or edited during April.
So here is a snippet from The Last Snowglobe Repairman:

The door eased open just a crack, Matt peeking out to check who was disturbing him. When he saw it was me he let it swing open.
“I can’t sleep over there.” I said.
“Why?”
“There’s a ghost in my house and I can’t see it.” I looked back across the street “It could be anywhere,” I tried hiding the little shudder that squirmed through me. “It could be doing anything,” I made a Grumpy Cat face, not pleased. “I’m spending’ the night here.”
“Pushy bottom.” Matt smirked, “I like it.” his grin broadened into a full beaming smile, making his eyes twinkle.
“Who said anything about being a bottom?” I narrowed my eyes at him, trying to give him a sharp look of disapproval.
He raised both eyebrows in reply, tilting his chin at me in a skeptical look.
“Fine.” I said, brushing past him to go inside, “but you can’t just go round assuming things like that.”  I dumped my backpack under the hall mirror and gently placed Bessie on the floor. Straightening up I turned to face Matt again. “I might be versatile.”
“I’m hoping so. Eventually.” he bumped the door closed with his butt. “Go through.” he nodded into the house.

I pushed backwards into the couch, closing my eyes and letting out a swift huff of air. Matt watched, maybe hoping I'd relax, or maybe hoping I'd go back home. But then it’s not every day you find out your home is haunted and your neighbor is a Spirit Catcher, so I reckoned he could cut me some slack.

No comments:

Post a Comment